19 Jun How to treat the eye contour?
Today we are talking about one of the most delicate areas of the body: the eye area. The thin layer of skin around the eyes is one of the most vulnerable of the body. The average thickness of this layer of the dermis is five times thinner than in the rest of the face (which is five times finer than the skin of the body).
In addition, it is an area subject to constant activity (blinking, expressions, and gestures made almost unconsciously), so it tends to distend over time. On the other hand, the orbicular zone lacks practically of muscles to sustain it and sebaceous and sweat glands that provide hydration to prevent wrinkles. All of this without counting on the fact that due to the low number of hormone receptors and capillaries present, the synthesis of collagen and cutaneous repair processes are performed more slowly and the accumulation of toxins and fats is favored.
For all these reasons different unsightly manifestations converge in this area due to age, exposure to external environmental factors and others of an internal nature, such as fatigue, those related to food or the presence of some health disorders.
What aesthetic problems do we find in the eye area and what causes them?
The three main manifestations are eye bags, dark circles and emotional wrinkles or crow’s feet.
With age decreases the production of collagen in the body, responsible for maintaining the shape of the skin and its firmness. Another mechanism that leads to the production of these wrinkles is the global destructuring of the skin that occurs with age due to the loss of cellular intercommunication of keratinocytes, which are capable of promoting the proliferation of fibroblasts and thereby, increase the production of collagen and the capacity of contraction of the fibres. Silica is involved in this mechanism since it stimulates the metabolism of keratinocytes.
Can we fight against dark circles, bags and crow’s feet?
There are numerous products to combat these unsightly manifestations of the eye contour. One of the most revolutionary is BCN Oculare-Peptides, the most recent addition to the peptide line of Institute BCN, BCN Advanced.
The BCN Oculare formula has been specifically developed to attack directly the main unsightly and be a complete treatment for eye bags, dark circles and emotional wrinkles (crow’s feet). It exerts a combined and synergic action thanks to the two types of advanced active ingredients in its formula: the new generation peptides and the classical non-peptidic ingredients of Institute BCN.
How do the active principles of BCN Oculare-Peptides act on the eye contour?
The main components of BCN Oculare are the new generation peptides, which act synergistically with the different classical active principles of the formulation for their action against the main unsightly manifestations of the eye contour.
- Palmitoyl oligopeptides, such as palmitoyl tetrapeptide-7 and palmitoyl tripeptide-1, promote the production of collagen and hyaluronic acid in the deeper layers of the skin. They also help protect the skin from the sun’s ultraviolet rays, adding another layer of protection to the delicate skin around the eyes. In addition, they are related to Dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA), a hormone that reduces the proinflammatory cytokines Interleukin-6 (IL-6).
They consist of a chain of amino acids along with palmitic acid, a fatty acid that allows peptides to penetrate the skin. They are useful against inflammation, one of the main factors responsible for the loss of elasticity and development of wrinkles of the skin due to age.
Its mechanism of action is based not only on the reduction of the production of inflammatory substances, but also on the stimulation of skin regeneration. With this, its main action is the reduction of expression lines, which according to several studies improve about 60%, and the preparation of the skin to defend against external aggressions.
They are also called pro-collagen peptides because they have the ability to send signals to the collagen-producing cells to increase their production, and the hyaluronic acid, and reverse the process of wrinkling, increase the firmness and shape of the skin.
- Acetyl tetrapeptide-5 has decongestant properties and reduces fluid retention due to its draining and inhibiting effect on the Angiotensin I Converting Enzyme (ACE). These effects, together with their ability to increase the elasticity and smoothness of the skin, result in an improvement of the bags that appear in the periorbicular area due to muscle weakness, sagging or accumulation of fluids by the increase in capillary permeability.
In addition to peptides, BCN Oculare has the synergistic action of other advanced actives such as:
- Hyaluronic acid (in the form of sodium salt), whose function is the regulation and repair of cell growth, reversing in a filling action and hydration of the skin. Improves its texture and shine, providing intense hydration and balance. It also has anti-aging properties, which diminish the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. In addition, it increases turgor.
- For the attenuation and improvement of dark circles, apart from the palmitoyl peptides, the BCN Oculare formulation contains N-hydroxysuccinimide (NHS) and chrysin. NHS ability to form a complex with iron and facilitate its elimination has been proved in vitro. In addition, the NHS accelerates the rate of hemoglobin degradation, causing the dark pigmentation to fade as blood drains.
Chrysin does the same with bilirubin, by stimulating the expression of an enzyme, the UGT, which is involved in the elimination of bilirubin.
The synergy with the two palmitoyl peptides comprises the anti-inflammatory effect by reduction of prostaglandin PGE2 and the reinforcement of the capillaries of the skin, which help to avoid blood leaks from capillaries, reduce vasodilatation and capillary bursts and therefore, prevents dark circles.
- Organic silica, as a complex molecule called metilsilanol mannuronate, which upon contact with the skin is separated into two parts and the silica is free to exert its action. Restructures the dermis, since it is part of the structure of the connective tissue, so that it is introduced into the small depressions that occur in the skin (wrinkles, scars, stretch marks) filling them. Silica is an essential component of the skin and ensures the optimal organization and structure of it when interacting with the structural and elastic proteins of the dermis such as collagen, elastin and proteoglycans. In addition, it stimulates the metabolism of keratinocytes that favour the proliferation of fibroblasts. With age, silica deposits decrease, giving rise to the opposite process that leads to a global destructuring of the skin and the consequent formation of wrinkles. Another function of this component is to stimulate lipolysis, enhancing the capacity of the adipocytes to get rid of the fat, which causes a clear reduction of the eye bags. This last action is enhanced by the following two plant extracts, strategically contained in BCN Oculareformulation:
- Artichoke extract (Cinara Scolimus) helps to stimulate the lymphatic drainage system: it improves circulation and has an anti-edema effect thanks to its diuretic and vasoconstrictive action that reverts in the direct improvement of the eye bags.
- Ginkgo Biloba extract is par excellence the compound with a clear exercise on the capillary circulation and, therefore, with direct action on the improvement of the microcirculation in the periorbital area. The flavonoids contained in the leaves of this plant directly dilate the microcapillaries, contribute to the strengthening of the vessels and the reduction of capillary permeability. This allows, on the one hand, stopping leakage of the vessels and the degradation of hemoglobin and, on the other hand, to achieve an anti-edema It is a venotonic. In addition, due to its eutrophic action on connective tissue increases the synthesis of collagen.
- Troxuretin is a bioflavonoid found in horse chestnut. It has venotonic and vascular protective action. Reduces the fragility and capillary permeability with the consequent anti dark circles effect, additive action to Ginkgo Biloba’s.
- Magnesium ascorbyl phosphate, sometimes referred to as MAP, is used as a substitute for vitamin C in cases of intolerance to ascorbic acid. Topically, it improves wrinkles, corrects dark circles and helps maintain a healthy overall appearance of the skin. It is also believed that this process helps promote the generation of collagen. It also has a protective action against the ultraviolet rays of the sun. This form of vitamin C is also an effective antioxidant for the skin, increases its hydration levels and improves its elasticity.
BCN Oculare achieves spectacular results in this delicate area of the face, returning a fresh, rested, healthy and luminous appearance to the look as a reflection of smooth, soft, turgid and hydrated skin.
Comment the post if you have tried BCN Oculare-Peptides or any other effective product to treat the eye contour. Share also your doubts and thoughts on the subject!